Do your periods really hurt?
Do they last more than a week at a time?
Do you find you have to change your protection hour upon hour? Perhaps you avoid certain activities altogether, or you find you miss a great deal of work.
Does your seemingly endless “time of the month” make you tired, depressed, or moody?
You likely suffer from heavy periods.
When we reach our 30s and 40s, we start to approach menopause. That’s when you’re most likely to develop heavier or abnormal periods.
One in five women experiences heavy bleeding as they get closer to menopause. They aren’t just a hassle either. In fact, heavy periods can take a toll on you emotionally, physically, and even socially.
Studies show that heavy menstrual bleeding can have the following effects:
- Moodiness and depression
- Lack of confidence
- Tiredness and nausea
- Debilitating cramps
- Miss out on athletic or social events
- Avoid intercourse
- Forced to miss work
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with heavy periods. Today, there are effective treatment options like Novasure.
Treating heavy periods
Now, you no longer have to accept the unpleasant, often anxiety-inducing symptoms of heavy periods.
If you are taking too much time off work and missing out on activities you enjoy, it’s time to take charge.
One popular treatment among women is known as Novasure endometrial ablation.
Novasure is a safe and extremely effective treatment that’s designed to affect your uterine lining. After your treatment, the results remain reliable, with around 80% of women reporting a complete stop to menstruation and 98% reporting significant improvement.
What you need to know about Novasure
Novasure endometrial ablation takes mere minutes. The treatment is performed under local anesthetic in our office, which means you can return to work the following day.
Novasure is not a suitable treatment for everybody. There are a few risks involved with Novasure endometrial ablation of which to be aware, including:
- Novasure is most ideal for premenopausal women who experience heavy periods and who have finished having children
- Pregnancy after Novasure treatment can be dangerous
- This is not a sterilization procedure
- This treatment is not for women who either have or suspect uterine cancer and those who have a pelvic or urinary infection, IUD, or active genital infection
- Temporary side effects may include vomiting, nausea, cramping, spotting, and discharge
Since this treatment works to drastically decrease menstrual flow and, at times, completely stop menstruation, it is only an option for you if you are completely sure you don’t want any more children.
If you have heavy periods that last a week or two and you do not want any more kids, you may be the perfect candidate for Novasure.
After consulting with you, we will decide if Novasure treatment is right for you. However, if you’re completely sure you don’t want kids going forward, and we’ve ruled out any other causes of the heavy bleeding, you may be a good candidate for this type of treatment.
The treatment takes less than five minutes, and most women report experiencing little to no pain both during and after the procedure.
The Benefits of Novasure
- Safe and effective. There are no pills and no hormonal side effects.
- For most women, menstrual bleeding is drastically reduced or halted.
- The procedure is quick and painless. Novasure is a once-off treatment that takes just five minutes and can be done in our office.
Book your consultation today
If you are not planning to have children in the future and want to stop your heavy periods, book an appointment a Cross Roads Hormonal Health & Wellness today to discuss the benefits of Novasure for you.